What’s visa for Cambodia / (Cambodia e visa)
The Cambodian e-Visa can be applied for over the internet with less problem. For typical vacationers on business or tourism, they are needed to get their visas at the Cambodian consulate, or on arrival at the airport.
Tourists going to Cambodia will have a visa upon arrival at both Siem Reap and also Phnom Penh International Airports, while those traveling from Thailand will get their visa at Poipet and Cham Yeam provinces, and vacationers from Vietnam coming in through Ka-Om Samnor or Bavet will have to get their visas from a Cambodian Embassy before arrival.
However, the Cambodian government has made procedures less difficult with introduction of e-Visas, everything can now be done on the internet, and it takes less than 24 hours. Though you’ll be needed to pay for a typical 89EUR visa payment. This is a reasonable rate thinking about the number of hours and sweet it’ll help you save if you line up for a visa.
Where to obtain a Cambodian visa
Before getting a Cambodian visa, you need to first choose the type of visa you desire. There are many visa types offered, these include: Business visa, Tourist Visa, Diplomatic visa and e-Visa. The various kinds of visa should be gotten at the Cambodian embassy, airport, or at the border while crossing, apart from the e-Visa, which is obtained on the internet.
Getting a Cambodian visa from the embassy needs a lot of effort and time, and in many cases, individuals have to visit long distances to get to the embassy. Having a visa at the land border or even the airport can also be a hard procedure, as it might require plenty of payments and bribes in some cases.
On the other hand, obtaining a Cambodian e-Visa is a much easier process, it doesn’t require much time and standing for long hours. When you request for the e-Visa, you will get it in advance. The e-Visa was launched in 2006 in order to make the process of visa application faster and much easier. This visa lasts for 90 days, having a maximum stay of one month.
Benefits associated with obtaining a Cambodian e-Visa
- •You will not need to go to the Cambodian embassy, you could submit an application over the internet anyplace you are
- •There is no need for joining long queues
- •The procedure is safe and sound, well planned and quick, and you’re guaranteed of obtaining your visa prior to arrival at Cambodia
- •You have the choice of contacting the customer support staff in case you need any assistance
The Cambodian e-Visa requirements include:
- •It is available to every nation except Algeria, Nigeria, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sudan, Sri Lanka, Iraq and Iran.
- •The visa can be used upon entry into Cambodia, but you’ll need to process other application when visiting again
- •It is valid for 3 months, beginning from the day it was issued to you
- •Your passport should be at least six months prior to its expiration date
- •Passport must have at least two empty pages for stamping by the immigration department
- •International tourists are necessary to get an on-journey ticket or a return ticket
How to get the visa
To obtain a visa for Cambodia, you’ll need to apply online via the application portal at https://go-cambodia-online.com, where you’ll be required to fill out your information (name, gender, country), passport data, and personal street address.
More on: Cambodia visa